Friday, February 10, 2006

such is life

i'm working. friday night, 8 o clock, and i'm working. sad. i'm getting by with a little "my wife thinks your dead" from junior brown.
yesterday after i got dressed i attempted to fix a minor leak in my shower when it exploded and blasted my body with blistering hot water. then i sliced my thumb trying to stop it. then i finally went to pick up my piano and while moving it the damper pedal broke clean off. the 100 year old pig iron damper pedal.
yesterday was dumb. however i realize now that the way i let it distress me is even dumber. things happen. crappy things. crappy shitty things. such is life. deal with it. at least thats what i paced around mumbling to myself all day.
today was interesting. i hired a mexican named juan felipe to help me spread gravel in the ol' driveway. he was nice, and i've never done anything like that before so i'm glad he was nice. we talked, i practiced my spanish, then i drove him to his probationary drug test, payed him, and that was that.
tomorrow i will sleep in, in an attempt to shake this illness. then i will take my hard workin mama some lunch, then we will go to san pedro for the southern california music awards, which should be... wierd.

3 comments:

JP said...

keep it real brother, keep it REAL. i keep thinking about what we briefly talked about. about pumping eachother up, bossting eachother, not just in music, in everything. we need eachother, and if you get down about the shower type things, just come over and stare at my kitchen floor for a few minutes.

nina said...

matt and amber, between the two of you and my brother i am so tempted to go out and get 'Lost'. but my personality is so addictive i know it will literally consume all of me and my time.. which could actually be pretty great.

rosie said...

let this be your cool breeze of comfort: the pool clan and rosie, reunited this saturday night over the tap at Nottinghams. you feel those cool breezes? cause i sure do. miss you friend.