Monday, October 02, 2006

Welcome to October.

My wife and I awoke this morning to the pitter patter of the first Autumn rain. I oozed out of bed with swollen eyes and felt my way along the bedroom wall, past the dresser to the cold metal of the bathroom door knob. I quickly came to after a hot shower. Coffee. The scent was thick and I was hot on the trail. I pulled on a pair of polyester pants and an old t-shirt. I tied my blue shoes and lobbed a corduroy jacket over my back. My wife handed me a cup of coffee and a fried egg sandwich. I kissed her twice and walked out the front door.

So it's Monday morning and I'm at the office in front of the computer. News readin'. Blog checkin'. Bill Handle listnin'. Phone answerin'. Calculator calculatin'. Not much else to say, I just felt like writin'.

I'm glad the Padres will play in the National League Division Series.

I'm excited to watch Boris rip my face off.

I'm excited to go camping, and go to Bridge School.

I'm getting a gold tooth today.

Welcome to October.

11 comments:

rosie said...

I wish I was there. Eating an egg sandwhich, drinking coffee, and marveling over your new Grill.

Andrew said...

the padres will lose to the dodgers.

welcome to october.

are your leaves changing yet? ours are. i like it.

Matt Pool said...

I LOL.

What do you say we lay a wager on it. If the Dodger's win I will ride to Idaho on my snowmobile and hand you five dollars.

The leaves are changing. I like it too.

Keith said...

I only have one tree near me that changes color, but it is right in front of my window, and the sunlight catches it perfectly in the morning when I am sitting down to a hot mug of tea and writing. But that is not why I am writing.

First, I gotta call this great month Rocktober. I dont know why. Its cool and I'm a child, maybe.

Dodgers are gonna choke.

Also, I know its the AL, but two words:

Go

Yankees!

Andrew said...

wait.

you're getting a gold tooth?

peavy = choke

yankees will beat either the cards or the dodgers. mets don't have the pitching. probably cards.

a gold tooth, eh? fancy.

Keith said...

hate to say it, but you're probably right. Dodgers will probably make it through the Mets, only if they stay on the hot streak they've managed to pull off, especially since El Duce is out, probably for the series. I was hopin' for a Subway Series though.

Anonymous said...

My two cents:
1. Gold tooth? That is awesome, I am jealous, but I ay not be far beind you.

2. Dodgers? Champs.

3. Padres/Yankees? The Devil.

4. Egg Sandwiches? Damn, I'm hungry now.

5. Big Sur/Bridge School? Can't wait.

6. Matt/Amber? Awesome.

JP said...

wish i had 5000 comments.

i hope the dodgers lose, along with everyone thats not the padres.

ms. tea said...

i agree with josh.

there are two trees that turn red that i can see from my window but given the weather lately i think it'll be christmas before they turn.

wishing it felt like fall...

Andrew said...

i might be wrong about the dodgers and the yankees. new call: the a's and the tigers square off and the tigers take it, but just barely. meanwhile, the mets and the cards split the series pretty evenly, but pujols ends up mvp by kicking the mets thusfar impressive but could still prove to be lackluster collective pitching ass. then the tigers beat the mets, because their pitching is better and it would make better headlines.

that is my new call. tigers win the series, but not easily.

Andrew said...

got mixed up. too early. tigers beat the cards, but not easily. not mets.

ok, have a nice day.