Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pour la France!

Everytime I see a Sofia Coppola film I feel like, "Auh... whatever. It was cool and all but, uuhh." Then sure enough it creeps up and haunts me. My thoughts and dreams and the way I talk. Then I watch it again and feel as though I'm watching the greatest movie I will ever put into my eyes and ears, feeling like I have a connection with it that only I can understand. It's wierd that it can go from making a fart noise with my mouth about it, to rewinding a part over and over. But it can, and such was the case with Marie Antoinette lastnight. Very well done, and one I'd like to own. I thought the music was bueno, particularly in this scene where she uses The Cure, followed by the party scene to New Order. Good stuff. And a good picture. Recommended. I've since been burning my eyes up on the French Revolution, and all of it's little linked what have you's. That's it.

Lost tonight. With dessert.

Let me eat cake, oui oui.

3 comments:

pedronegro said...

Heard that it was a great movie. Joey got it I will have to watch it.

rosie said...

You Loved It! I'm Glad, because I've been obsessed.

noah! said...

i couldn't agree with you more. in fact, i'm pretty sure i blogged about it after i saw it in the theatres a few months ago. i watched it twice on the plane to london and then once again the other night. i will probably buy it, and i don't buy movies.