Sunday, February 11, 2007

This would cheer up anybody



It did the job for me.
"Why the bitching?" you might ask. Well Arch. school is looking like more of an '08 thing than an '07 thing right now. In other words, I'll be receiving my degree in a wheelchair.
I don't know what the problem is. The lack of significance that I or my parents placed on my education maybe? I barely graduated high school because I ditched more than I attended. I would rather sit in my car eating donuts and listening to Screeching Weasel. I applied to bible college about two weeks before classes started, just because I saw everyone else going to college. That lasted one semester, of writing half assed papers on justification by faith and sneaking up to the back 40 to smoke cloves. Then I dicked around a couple of bro'd out community colleges and dropped out to deliver pizza. And here I sit, eight years a high school graduate, no where near what I envisioned as a boy. I'm not unhappy with who I am. I've learned a lot, married my soul mate, and have gained some valuable work experience. Yet I regret some of the choices I've made.
So what did I do? I came home last night, got drunk on Beefeater, and cried to my wife about it. And she's so good. She cuddled her husband's bitchy little head in her lap, played with his stupid hair, and proceeded to lift up the shades on the situation.
So there you have it. And it's a new day. And I'm ditching church to sit at home in my underwear and play on the internet. But it's nice, rain outside, tea inside. No sense dwelling on the past. It's time to sludge through the glop that is my educational near future.

And to my wife, that road trip is looking better and better by the second.

6 comments:

rosie said...

If they were handing out degrees for coolness, you'd have your Masters. I love you friend, keep your chin up.

M said...

I second that.

Jen Patterson said...

At least you had some good gin to console you. Oh, and Amber.

JP said...

i third.

pedronegro said...

Who graduates college anymore these days anyways....wait....I think that my brother finally did. I think that for a night of drunken whining you should have got wiskey.

The Talbot Family said...

i think the theme here is unanimous mattie. you're looking at this all wrong. I'd classify you as a Lebowski . embrace the COOL!