Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cedar in a wood stove

Some people in Simi Valley got up this morning, got dressed, and then got killed. All before 8am. And I spend some days sitting around, not calling friends or riding bikes with my wife; not hiking in the mountains or going fishing in the ocean. I get upset over a parking ticket and the rest of my day has no chance.
There is still so much I want to do and see and experience. I don't want to die yet. I want to enjoy everyday to it's fullest. Why is it so easy to get distracted? Why is it so easy to forget that this can all go away?
We are going to Big Bear this weekend, where my dad will turn fifty, where the air is cool and clean, where one can see that it's autumn by looking at the trees and the sky, rather than just the calender. I want to soak it all in, so much that when we get back to Los Angeles some of it will evaporate out and turn a few leaves red, or fill the room with the scent of cedar in a wood stove.

2 comments:

M said...

Saint.

KMOB said...

well played