Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Real Draft

Well, the real draft in the not-so-real, not-so-expensive, not-so-keeper league. I think I did ehh. The Little Buttercups, as of now, look something like:

C - Ivan Rodriguez - Det
1B - Travis Hafner - Cle
2B - Ian Kinsler - Tex, Dustin Pedroia - Bos, Tadahito Iguchi - SD
3B - David Wright - NYM, Kevin Kouzmanoff - SD
SS - Edgar Renteria - Det, Khalil Greene - SD
OF - Magglio Ordonez - Det, Hunter Pence - Hou, Brad Hawpe - Col, Gary Matthews Jr. - LAA
P - Jake Peavy - SD, Rich Hill - ChC, John Maine - NYM, Jeremy Bonderman - Det, Curt Schilling - Bos, Mark Buehrle - CWS
RP - Trevor Hoffman - SD, Takashi Saito - LAD

Should be good times.

I just got out of Arch 12A, Visual Communications. It is a cool class. We are currently going over Euclidean geometric constructions, and playing around with our new drafting tools. It's great to finally be a part of the architecture program, rather than the general education program. I made a friend who has a psychologist wife, like I do, a pearl export, like I do, is a christian, like I am, is working and going to school, like I am, and was a humongous Tooth and Nail fan back in the day, like I was. That makes things fun.

On a more serious note, we would like to honor, in whatever way possible (this being a lousy blog), Amber's Grandpa Lee. After a long struggle with parkinson's and alzheimer's, he has gone. I did not know him well, but what I did know I enjoyed completely. He was a very funny, very curious, and very accommodating man. He was always busy, always on his feet working on something, which I respected. He had this perfect "old man voice" that he was always pulling your leg with. He was a good man, so if you think to, say a prayer for the family, and for Grandma Rita.

1 comment:

rosie said...

bestie,
i did get your letter and i've written you back, it will be in the mail in the AM. I love you too, anf i'm thinking of you a lot.