Sunday, August 24, 2008

Best, worst birthday ever

Thanks so much to everyone who came to help me ring in my 28th year. The cocktail party was more than I could have asked for. The drinks, the menu, the hors d'oeuvres, everything was great.

And thanks to those who stuck around long enough to take me to the hospital. As the night continued, the classiness settled a bit, and the plethora of mixed drinks led to rapid jogging in place, which then led to me blowing out the brake light of my truck with my face, which then led to five hours in the E.R. and a handful of stitches.

The stitches are out, the swelling has subsided, and the forehead is healing. While at the doctors office, the nurse told me that I weighed ten pounds more than I thought I did, and that my blood pressure was a "tad" high. I have since been very unenthusiastic about getting older.

I will buy a bike, or start running with my wife, and see what I can do about all of this.

Thats all for now.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

a picture?

Andrew said...

Yes, a picture!

The doctor told me to lose 10 pounds last year. So I gained 15! That'll teach her...

J. Giunta said...

I lost 20. I will teach you all you need.

Anonymous said...

wwjd

what would jared do. jared fogle that is

The Talbot Family said...

I just remembered the picture of your bachelor party. You, red faced, barely able to stand and a cigarette hanging out of your mouth.

Seriously said...

i will take you to go see the house bunny. it will make you feel ten years younger.

Nick said...

Blood pressure..... I don't think it even exists. Its just one of those useless terms like zip codes.

dmh said...

take a big poop. you will lose lots of weight.