Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Faze

I go through phases. Some where I love Los Angeles and some where I hate it. Last night I went through a quick phase of loving Los Angeles, but I'm not quite sure what spawned it. I had just finished a successful Arch 14 final presentation. Amber and Obrien came out. Afterward the group and us went out for a few celebratory PBR's. Later I was driving to Trader Joe's to pick up some coffee for the morning. I was listening to Mississippi from Dylan's Love and Theft. Listen to it. Everyone I ran into said "Merry Christmas". It was a nice evening. Besides the stress of final projects, it's actually been a nice week. A long awaited Rio Bravo session at the barn finally happened, including a few beers and a few Willie covers. The wife and I went out with Derek and his lady to take part in the Christmas insanity at The Grove. The wife and I, while broke, still manage to eat good, sleep good, and be in love good. God is good.

Now I'm off to yet another study model building sesh.

That's all.

3 comments:

noah! said...

i understand the love/hate relationship with LA completely. i was glad to move away but now i certainly see things that i miss about it. mostly friends, but the beach and cool cities like pasadena give the area some redeeming value.

most of all i miss the dodger games though.

Billy said...

most of all I miss the pool party

pedronegro said...

I like portland...a lot. The real reason that I was dropping by was to show you this I didn't know if you already knew about it.

Hope things are going well for you. Its snowing here and lauren and I have christmas music going and a cup of coffee. Its so relaxing.