Saturday, February 14, 2009

Reagan did it better

Didn't Obama say that he wouldn't sign a bill until the people have had a chance to read it, then comment? That wasn't too long ago right? The members haven't even read it, which makes me think that our chances of understanding what's in this thing by Monday are slim. For now, I guess we can try.

Washington is currently not bi-partisan. Not even close. And the majority seem to support ideas that do not reach down and "stimulate" the poor, struggling, lower class. They punish the successful. What's the point of embracing the opportunity that is America, only to get hurt, when I can collect checks for sitting on my front porch and eating flaming hot Cheetos and downloading new ring tones?

5 comments:

Seriously said...

agreed.

dmh said...

Ron Paul revolution.

Seriously said...

stimulate my balls is all. what a joke. obama can go to dumb area of space and time now.

Billy said...

I went to the Reagan library a couple weeks ago and wanted so badly to be Marty Mcfly and go back to those fine days. It's cool that cabinet members and seated tenured senators can skip out on paying taxes (republican and democrat alike) while we are going through an economic crisis. I thought Al Capone skipped out on paying taxes didn't he? Oh well, Hope and Change stimulated my package about as much as a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of whiskey does.

miller said...

The thing that I don't get is that whenever people oppose the stimulus package Obama says, "Well, I guess some people are stuck doing things the old way." Since when is large-scale government spending new?

I agree with your points about the contradiction in policy, where we give money to wallstreet but tax the successful people heavily. This amounts to corporations, but not individuals, playing in a game of capitalism with a $ 20 billion-dollar handicap. Just stupid.