Saturday, December 04, 2004

a great deal of nothingness

it's christmas time, it's christmas time, it's christmas time. i'm drowning in my chair at working job #2 (sleepy forest cottages) dealing with the nothingness to do. my left ear listening to the deafening hum of the shower in the room next door, my right ear, a beautiful christmas-mixed-compact-disc-early-holiday-gift accompanied by the damn near funniest picture post card i've ever seen of tyler and paul, with whom, by the way, i need to spend more of my free time with. they are good good people who live in the same town as i. a town in which, and in fact, i have less than many good friends...my dear sweet wife and best friend is always there when i need her, my brother and his wife and child have us over quite often, caleb likes to play settlers of catan with me, and nate is at his apartment maybe every third night, so i should be more thankful than not, but it's time we need together, time we have, but fill with nothing. then again, time i have is filled with lots of things, e.i. loving wife, fixing house, arching tect, breaking car, being broke, drinking wine, smoking nothing, and blogging. i just thought of this, we need to have a titanic new years eve merry making, with food and drink drink drink, explosives and flamable objects, love and sex, with heaters high and socks down low, we will yell and whisper and wait for the sun to come up before we put our heads down on the knees of our neighbors and tangle their hair in a bunch. we will smile and smile and smile for a while, then we will sleep without a peep, and keep a deep creep out with a weep.
call it christmas not holidays and dream of sugarplums. buy a tree today, and don't let the a.c.l.u. take it away.
...with a good evening and a parumpumpumpum.

4 comments:

JP said...

wow

Nate said...

I'm gonna agree with Josh

The Talbot Family said...

matt,
i love you. kiss me...

Matt Pool said...

thanks talbot, i was half way loosing my mind that night if you didn't already notice. so, to continue the chaos, riddle me this, i'm one part egg, one part nog and i'll give you a huge fat ass. what am i?