Sunday, December 05, 2004

prayer request

i want to ask for all of you to pray for my brother ryan. as most of you know he is in the army. he spent a year in iraq and got to come home last february. he just got promoted to sergeant and now his unit has been called up again. he left tonight to go back to iraq. my brother isn't the type to open up, but i know he hated being there before and he isn't thrilled about going back. my mom flew out to be with him this last week at his house in north carolina. she's doing alright, but i know it's hard on her and on my dad. my dad wasn't able to get the money together to fly out to see him before he left and he was really upset about it. please pray that God would keep my brother safe and bring him home to us. pray that my brother would turn to the Lord; his heart has been hard for a long time. pray that my family would have peace. last time ryan was there my mom felt complete peace and that is what held her together. most of you know ryan. if you want to write to him or send him anything i will give you his address. i know it would make him happy. he may not say it, but i can always tell.
thank-you guys.-a

2 comments:

The Talbot Family said...

amber,
it was so good to see ryan at your wedding. he was the only other guy ewan would go to. i could hand him to ryan and walk away and ewan would just chill. it sounds silly but there seemed to be a lot of growth and honesty in him. i'd love to write him and of course he's in our prayers. please call us with his address.
j

JP said...

i love my brother ryan with all my heart. he is hard and he doesnt show alot, but i know his heart and it is kind and loving. and i also know he loves jesus. we will continue to pray for him.