Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In U, S, and A

Very rich people like to drink 'a wine.

Moving on. I've been back at Double E Design two days a week, and it's been very good to me. On days like today I'm reminded of the reasons why I do want to pursue this trade, which are: the artistic expression, the creative freedom (for the most part), and the 1/2 office to 1/2 field time ratio, among other things. Some days I'm at the drafting table, with talk radio and a pot of coffee. Some days I'm measuring up a sunny job in the field, then plopping down on a pile of sawdust to enjoy a ham sandwich with a mexican framer.
Today I was on a new addition marking walls and shooting grades for an As Built. The client was dishing me up some tea and ginger snaps when I took a laid-back gander around the room and thought to myself, "I just might be able to do this".
Nonetheless an occasional day creeps into the mix where I grow frightened, mislaid, and confused. Yet every new day is just that, a new day. I read it put best by a fellow blogger (Mr. Hamilton) this morning, "I'm not stuck with any one profession".
I'll raise a glass to that.

In our Headlines:
My car is back, rip roarin' with her new tranny.
We will say goodbye to Ol' Yeller, but she's getting her very own blog farewell, coming soon (sniff, sniff).
Supper Club weekend. Food. Wine. Beer. Port. Snow.
My wife reads much more than I do. Her book is featured here.
I am a Nicolas Cage fan.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

you speak truth. say hello to the supper club for me.