Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

I'm stuck at work for a couple hours, thus I blog.
This morning I was thinking about the days when Derek and I, being about ten or eleven years old, would call each other on Christmas morning to tell each other what we had recieved. Things like Rock'em Sock'em Robots or F-Zero for Super Nintendo. Those were the golden days of being a kid.
We went to church last night for the Christmas Eve service where it was mentioned briefly that amongst the gifts that came with unending life through Christ on the night He was born, was our celestial body awaiting us in paradise. This reminder stuck with me pretty hard while I sat there with my head ache, my stye, my ever worsening eyesight, my sore back, and my heart burn. I can't tell if I sound like a big baby or a seventy five year old man, but oh how I look forward to better days sometimes.
Back to the aforementioned topic of gifts, I'm going to re-live a moment from those golden days and make my "phone call", which will only work if you reply in the same way.
A painters easel.
The complete Calvin and Hobbes hardcover boxset.
An Atari with built in games.
A new Wilco shirt and Tweedy tour DVD.
Muswell Hillbillies on vinyl.
An electric fireplace heater.
Reservations for dinner and a hotel in San Diego.
Bulfinch's Mythology
1000 places to see before you die.
And a book about the art of the Disney imagineers.

Now it's your turn. If you want.

8 comments:

pedronegro said...

Money for Vegas and the LOVE show
DVD player
Friends Season 7
The Beatles LOVE album (which is amazing but I already have it)
Lowes guft card
Levis 517 orange tag 31-34 (thank you steven)
Tons if junk food and chocolate

Christmas was great this year cant wait until Vegas and I get to see the LOVE show and old friends.

lindsay anne said...

A target gift Certificate equalling one iPod.
Vintage Christmas ornaments (2 boxes)
Rocky on DVD
Everything is Illuminated (The book and DVD)
Plates and bowls (my vintage china set pattern)
3 red bracelets
1 red necklace
Money from my grandparents and aunt
Joanna Newsom "YS" CD
Starbucks giftcard
Vintage Grand Ole Opry coasters (they look like little vinyl -- they are AMAZING).

JP said...

A framed collage of my soulmate and i for the last 5 years.
Supertramp - Crime of the Century.
Genesis - Hits.
Jeremy Enigk - World Waits.
Cold War Kids - Robbers and Cowards.
Wolf Parade - ?.
Conversations with Tom Petty.
A Globe.
Nacho Libre.
Elf.
A new cardigan, v neck, pants, hunting hat, vans...
Lost - The Game.
DVD/CD Surround Sound System.
Reservations for dinner and a hotel in San Diego.

(damn i am spoiled)

this is fun, gotta keep going...

Andrea:
(b-day and christmas)
Dolly Parton Tickets.
A refinished genuine 'La Serna' acoustic guitar.
much clothes and shoes.
A Panini grill.
much money.
A make-up-put-on-thingy-day at macys.
Tammy Winette - Hits.
candles.
earrings.
Perfume - Marc Jacobs and Burberry.
Syrup.
Flan.

Esme':
An Ariel bike complete with training wheels, ariel helmet, and ariel knee and elbow pads.
A genuine 'La Serna' pink 4-string Lute.
Barbie Complete Doll House.
much clothes and jammies.
Bundle-me Doll.
Nail polish.
Leap frog DVD's.
The Christmas Story (book - the real story, hence Jesus) complete with finger puppets.
much other books.
Countless toys.

Owen:
(b-day and christmas)
Woody.
Hammer block tool set.
Deisel truck.
Trash truck.
Dump Truck.
Remote control car.
"Traveling to Grandpa's" Suitcase.
Clothes, jammies, shoes...
Axe.
Toddler push-bike.
Drum and percussion set (tamborine, bells, shaker, drum and sticks).
Leap Frog Game.
Take-apart airplane complete with drill and drill bits.
Endless Toys.

Esme's Birthday hasn't happened yet either.

=$80,000,000

Matt Pool said...

My favorite part of Josh's-

Owen:
Axe.

ms. tea said...

i was going to say the same thing regarding owen's axe.

my spoils:
Fanny and Alexander dvd box set
Scenes from a Marriage dvd box set
The New World dvd
crochet book
crochet magazine
spices
stemless wine glasses
handmade hand bag
lots of lovely yarn
british pub coasters
senorita looking dress
creme brulee mix
visa gift card
assorted sour gummi candies

and thats not counting all of the mad finds from my favorite oregon thrift stores. i am bringing home an extra suitcase full of those treasures!

Nate said...

I got hosed!

Linna said...

a butter dish and a paid mission trip to mexico. Couldn't have asked for more :)

Jon said...

Lets see... The new Dave Eggers book- thanks davey

an awesome messenger bag- thanks P

Cycling Dvds
some clothes
new nitto handlebars
a tool set

man it was a good christmas