Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're getting there

We've been unpacking our belongings for what feels like a month. In reality it's been a week. Sometimes I look around in love with our stuff, and other times I feel like it's a bunch a crap that belongs back at the thrift store. However we did get a new couch and a new bed, both of which are very nice looking and comfortable. We're almost all settled in, but right now I need a break, thus, I blog. Some thoughts: The weather is getting much more tolerable, maybe even nice. I added a unit to my existing four geology units by signing up for some field trips, and I'm looking forward to them. I miss the people that don't live here anymore. I've been paranoid lately that a stray bullet is going to hit and kill me while I'm driving down the freeway. Weird. It's a bummer for Cold War Kids that Meg White went and got sick. I want to go to the mountains. Not Big Bear, though it's beautiful right now, but the real mountains. Maybe the High Sierra. I guess we will be in Yosemite in October. That should suffice. I've got some homework to do, right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. Lenny and I had anniversary plans to go to the concernt in San Diego, have had the tickets since July...oh, well. Now its Shakespeare at the Old Globe.

Hope you settle in well, Lenny was glad to see you in Big Bear on our camping trip.