Monday, November 13, 2006

I am depleted

And that doesn't even begin to describe it. But I'm stuck here at work for two more hours, thus, I blog. There are some days when music just sounds better. Today was, and is one of those beautiful days. Why is that? Could it be that these just happen to be the days when we slow down and listen? I mean really listen. There is always music. Always. Consuming the silence. And seldom do I hear it. Today I do. In particular a track called Feb. 14 from Drive by Truckers, and Don't Come Around Here No More from Mr. Petty, and what is fast becoming my new favorite record, a little piece called Muswell Hillbillies from The Kinks. They're good to me.
Back to being depleted, and that not even beginning to describe it, we did Disneyland yesterday with Nick and Laura, and got it done. We did Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates*, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, and picked up fast passes for Indiana Jones. That was all before lunch, which was at the Pizza Port. We then did Indiana Jones, went over to California Adventure, did Tower of Terror**, ate ice cream, met Jen and Shant, did California Screamin', Maliboomer, went back to Disneyland, did The Haunted Mansion***, The Tiki Room, followed by dinner in Downtown Disney, followed by the long ass drive back to Big Bear. So with that as well as work at 8am today, work being digging and installing a fence, I am depleted.

* I thought the changes were quite subtle, and this made me happy.

** Apparently there are 50 some possible variations of this attraction that one might experience. The one I got ruled!

*** This was my first Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion experience, and I was very impressed.

9 comments:

wibi said...

Very good this web/blog..
ok..ok..

wibi
www.cellularjk.blogspot.com

rosie said...

oh that crazy wibi. i need a little "happiest place on earth" in my life. maybe in the spring?? I miss you matt, i think secretly you're my favorite blogger, too (other than wibi). don't tell mama amba.

ms. tea said...

strange, i was there with my family on thursday. i still have whiplash from indiana jones and the tower of terror. why do i always let myself get dragged onto the rides i hate?

The Talbot Family said...

matt,
every once in awhile music needs one (or a combination of) headphones, rain, reading the lyrics while listening.

miss going to disneyland with you guys.

p.s. you're my fave as well.

Matt Pool said...

Wibi, Rosie, and Josh, you are far too kind.

Myste, why have we not all gone together yet?
I don't know.

noah! said...

you should have picked me up on the way, i live in claremont.

seriously though, sounds like fun.

rosie said...

It's here, in vegas, can't remember the venue. wanna come??? remember who's birthday falls right around there???

rebecca said...

did the Pools get passes?
your eloquent description made me want to go to Disneyland.. it's like a fever that can only be cured by a walk down Main Street.. I get emotional about it.

ms. tea said...

because my employee id expired and i was saving my last 2 free passes for when my mom was in town. now i have no free way to get in anymore. sad day.

did you know it costs like 83 dollars to get a ticket these days. my brother is a big shot construction worker so he thought nothing of it but i was very glad i had my free little passes. disneyland is fun, but not$83 fun.